Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blogoversary


C.2010
Abby is sitting on the back of my chair.
I just like this photo.

***
Today,
12 years ago
that little black and white cat
inspired me to document
her life.
This blog began solely for 
the purpose of doing just
that.

***
I didn't know much about blogging
in those days. In fact I only
knew of a handful of bloggers,
some who are still blogging today.
Most of the 'old-timers'
have left for a lot of different
reasons.

***
I often found it understandable,
but sad that when the cat passed,
the person would stop blogging.
You form attachments and it's
hard to feel that loss.

***
It never occurred to me when I started
blogging Abby's life, that I would
lose her. I know, shake your head,
I understand. But it became apparent
after those first few losses of other
cat friends that one day it would happen 
to me....and it did in 2013.

***
I lost her and my world for that 
reason and many others
has never been the same.
But, I am so very lucky
that girl came into my life,
and even though I miss her
so deeply, everyday, I am 
grateful.
So grateful.

***
So today I celebrate the reason
for the creation of this blog
and 12 years of blogging.
Even though the blog
has transitioned from it's 
original muse it still continues on
in her voice.
It helps so much to keep her 
memories alive and also 
to create new ones.
Thank you all for joining 
in her ride.


27 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to share Abby with Sparkle, my human, and now me through this blog. She was a very special girl. Happy blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 12th Blogoversary!
    We are also happy you have continued after Abby left and that you share the other cats with us :)
    12 years is pretty amazing!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogoversary! Twelve years is a very long time to keep a blog going, especially through all of life's challenges. We're glad you're still out there in cyber-space, still posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purrs and love from Scout and Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of hugs, love and purrs. Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogoversary from all of us, and extra hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never think about the end when we begin, and it's just as well we don't. Abby inspired you and still does.

    I like the picture, too: all whiskers and pink tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogoversary! I wish I had known about blogs back them so I could have followed you all along. I am glad you have continued despite losses and still celebrate the lives of those who are no longer with you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je suis heureuse d avoir connu Abby et ses compagnons grâce au blog
    Bon anniversaire au blog
    💌

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary and many hugs coming your way. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. guyz.....a most happee blog annie fursarry two ewe two day; we send lotz oh best fishez N perch pie dishes N heerz two another 12 ~~~~~~~~ we haz N joyed yur postz, yur fotoz, N yur friend ship ~~ !! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Blogoversary to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Your sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary!!! Today is ours as well...6 years. We're so proud to call you a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somehow I can't believe that Abby is gone 4 yrs or thereabouts. Anyway, happy blogoversary.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, 12 years....lots of memories made. Happy Blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy blogoversary, dear friend. We are so thankful for you, and grateful that you have shared Abby, Gracie, and all of your lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was beautiful. Happy Blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogaversary to all of you beautiful girls and handsome Mr Ping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And we thank you for keeping the blog going ! Happy blogoversary and happy memories !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated Bloagoversary. Me is one of us who appreciated you keep going, keep blogging.
    Lots of love to you

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are not nearly as old in the blogging world, but we do know exactly what you mean. Sending lots of purrs and hugs.

    Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated happy Blogoversary. I am glad you continue to blog.
    I agree with you about the attachments that we form through our cats and our blogs. We make many very good friends and it is for that reason that I keep our blog going with my memories posts, and of course to keep my boys memories alive. Although I no longer post regularly, I aim for once a week or thereabouts which enables me to keep in touch with friends.

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥